Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Livin´La Vida Loca These Last Two Weeks Of Being 19!


February 2, 2015
Hello! Ok, happy birthday, Brody!!! I totally remembered yesterday that it was his birthday!! How fun you will be in Utah for his baptism!! And for our birthday! I cannot believe it is already February! Just a little scary! Livin´la vida loca these last two weeks of being 19 lolzzzz.

Well, to be put it plainly, this week was SOOOOOO hard. Soooooo hard. So emotionally and spiritually draining. Muy difícil. I think Friday was the peak...just the whole day I felt so worthless and so far from the Spirit. Throughout the week I was feeling low self esteem, and I felt like I was a bad missionary. I have never prayed so hard in my life before coming to the mission. I think I thought Heavenly Father had forgotten about me.... HOWEVER, Friday night as Hermana Gomez was praying to end our planning, the following words came to my mind: "you are my daughter, and I love you. I have created you, and you are mine." TEARS, TEARS, TEARS! Streaming down my face, I felt SO close to God in that moment. I KNEW He heard the quiet prayers of my heart. So yes, my faith in Jesus Christ has grown. Pushing through hard moments is tough, but Heavenly Father will ALWAYS give us the comfort and strength we need if we remain faithful.

It is so fun reading Madison´s emails and looking at her beautiful pictures!! I would like to take more pictures of my sector, but in some parts it’s just like "ohhh, yeah, maybe not" hahaha. Only because in some parts it is a little shady with drunks and shady lookin´people.... I STILL LOVE THEM. I love my mission. I love Chile!

So miracle of the week: ALICIA CAME TO CHURCH!!! Alicia is the viejita we are teaching who has a new baptismal date for the 15th of February! We had to move it because she could not come to church last week. But Saturday to Sunday Hermana Gomez and I fasted, and when we showed up Alicia´s house Sunday morning she was up and walking around!! It was a MIRACLE. She has a lot of health problems, and walks with a little walker thing if she leaves her house. We rode in a taxi to the capilla, and she stayed for all three meetings! She loved it, and it was a huge blessing. I know she is important to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

This is the last week of the transfer!!! We find out in the weekend if we have changes. I think Hermana Gomez and I will stay together because she goes home in the next transfer. This is Hermana Huber´s last week! She is amazing, and I will miss her. 

I know Jesus Christ lives. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you!!

Besitos, Hermana Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment