Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Lots Of Changes. Lots Of Nerves, But Also Excitement!


February 9, 2015
Hooooolllllla, mi familia! Cómo les va??!! I am doing well here in Chile. On Friday I will have SIX MONTHS in Chile..... Whaaatttt????? Crazy!!!! Then in one week, I will be 20 YEARS OLD. Ahhhhhhh!!!! So crazy!!!!  So, yes, what a crazy week. For starters, I WILL BE TRAINING!!! Ahhh! 
We were in the houe of Hermana Marta on Saturday morning. We always accompany her in the feria and push her cart and carry her bags. And the zone leaders called....and Hermana Gomez answered. She kept saying, "is this a joke?" hahaha. And then she told me she was leaving. And she handed me the phone, and Elder Guerrero told me I would be receiving a new companion who was already in the mission. So Saturday and Sunday went by in like five seconds. And then Sunday as we were walking in the afternoon after church, one of the APs called, and he told me that I would be receiving a new companion, but that she would be a NUEVA and that I would be training. GOOD TIMES RIGHT. So I am just going crazy! Ah! Hermana Gomez went to a different area where she will be opening a new sector AND training a nueva. For her LAST transfer.....crazy!!! But we will see each other at the nuevos meetings. And every P Day until March 23 when she leaves for Argentina jajaja. 
Hermana Huber leaves tonight for Arizona.... I will miss her so much! She is amazing, and I am soooo grateful to have had the chance to live with her for the past six months. She bore her testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday and I was crying jajaja. Love her! Hermana Alcantara, the companion of Hermana Huber will stay with me. We were in the same district in the CCM, and we have been living together for the past six months too...and now we will train together! I am sad Hermana Gomez had to leave.... we had so many plans for her last transfer. We were going to call her last transfer "El Cambio de Oro" or the Golden Transfer. But, alas, we are here on the Lord’s errand. As a disciple of Christ, it is my desire to do the Lord’s will BEFORE mine. 
So, miracle of the week. On Friday we had a ZONE FAST. Every district in our zone chose a few names of people we are teaching in our areas and Thursday night the district leaders called their districts and gave the list of ALL the names in the zone. There were a LOT. But we included Alicia’s name! It was a hard fast, we were so hungry and thirsty jajaja! But we just thought of Alicia, and the other people we were fasting for. Then Saturday night Alicia called us!!! She told us she felt really good, and was excited to come to church!!! It was a MIRACLE. Sunday morning we went to her house and ate breakfast. She said her head hurt, but she was going to go with us. She came, and she slept a little jajaja. But she liked it! Soooo.....she will be getting baptized next week! I am praying every day for her. We had a member come pick us up from her house on Sunday morning to take us to the church. The car was a little small, and Alicia has a foldable walker thing. Here they are called burritos jaja. It is a walker, with a built in chair. So Alicia got in the front seat, and she began talking to the member. And then I got in the back seat and Hermana Gomez folded Alicia´s burrito and started to shove it in the back seat with me. It was just really funny because the door kept closing and the burrito walker thing was so big compared to the car and it was just a sight gag. Like the two hermanas trying to shove the walker in the back of the car meanwhile Alicia was just talking away with Hermana Veronica. I couldn’t stop laughing jaja.
Mom! Thanks for sending me the lyrics to "I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go". I really needed to read the lyrics!!! I was getting teary-eyed as I read them jaja. 
So yes, lots of changes. Lots of nerves, but also excitement. A year left in Chile! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have this experience. I know the Savior lives. I am here because of Him. He is EVERYTHING to me. Livin´la vida loca en Santiago!!! CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!!!!!

Love, Hermana Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment