Monday, August 3, 2015

Preparation Day on Tuesday's and Temple Every Three Months!! Yay! I'm So Excited!!


July 20, 2015
Mi familia,

Hola! I am so happy to be a missionary! I love living and serving in Chile. I am learning to love my Savior. 

Mom, I will print your talk! I skimmed through it, and it is great! So honored to see you quoted me...love you! I know it went wonderful! You are so presh, and I know you did a great job!

So!! On Thursday our district leaders called us and told us we were going to have a reuniĆ³n with Presidente and Hermana Morgan...WITH THE WHOLE MISSION. So immediately we thought: HE IS GOING TO CHANGE SOME OF THE MISSION RULES/STANDARDS. So, on Saturday morning the whole mission showed up to our church here in Lynch Norte (the Capilla that is in my area). So many missionaries! Hermana Morgan talked to us first. She talked about healing. She said that all of us have spiritual needs, and Jesus Christ has the power to heal us. HOWEVER, He does not make our problems, weaknesses, temptations go away immediately! Instead, He gives us the strength and power to withstand our problems. Loved this! So true, and so applicable! 

Presidente Morgan talked about the importance of the Spirit. The Spirit penetrates our hearts. We can be guided by the Spirit our whole lives if we live worthily. I love Him! 

And now..... There are some changes to the mission! The first and most important!! My preparation day is now on TUESDAY. Crazy! So next week, I will write to you all on TUESDAY! Also, we are now allowed to attend the temple every three months!! YAY! I am so excited!! I love the temple, and I know this will be a wonderful blessing for all of the missionaries in our mission.

This week went by fast! We found four new people to teach! One of our new investigators is Marisol. She is super short and super nice! She has two sons, and lost a son about 17 years ago. She is really nice, and really receptive. We also found a part member family. Antonio is a member who is now less active. He was baptized, and even received his endowment in the temple! He went inactive because he started using drugs...super sad! But we had a super powerful lesson with him this week with our assistant to the ward mission leader (aka Hermano Marcos who always sends you pictures and videos, so presh!). And Antonio came to church on Sunday! He told us he had been feeling this weight on his shoulders for years, and he knew it would be taken away from him if he came to church. In the gospel principles class, he told Hermana Rivera he felt like the weight had been lifted...MIRACLE. The Atonement is real! His brother, Luis, is one of our new investigators. His life has been destroyed by drugs and alcohol. Really sad! His children do not like to come and visit him. He is receptive, and we are hoping he will progress towards baptism. He really needs it! He needs to feel that cleansing power! I believe baptism is one of the greatest things we can do in this life. It is an ordinance in which we make a covenant with Heavenly Father. It is personal. It is cleansing. It is divine. 

We are really seeing miracles in our area! This is the last week of the cambio, so in my next email I will know if I will be getting changed. Transfers will take place on Wednesday, so I will have all of Tuesday (new dia de preparaciĆ³n) to pack if I get changed.

Well, I did have some hard moments this week. But I continue reminding myself that I need hard moments to progress. As I try to consecrate myself more, I feel God´s love for me in abundance. My prayers are so much more personal. I feel so loved by my Heavenly Father. I know He lives. He loves us. 

Love, Hermana Mittleman

Moroni 9:25
 My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment