Saturday, October 4, 2014

Announcement - I Love Tomatoes Now!


September 29, 2014
Heeeeey, wasssup from Chile!!!! Another week has passed. This next week is the last week of my FIRST cambio! ah! Que loca! I love being a missionary! Life is so good! Hard, but good! I think I am slowly getting used to things. I’m understanding people more and  more, but there are still many moments where I’m just like whaaaat on earth are you saying?? Alas, life goes on! So La Reina is Legit, with a capital L. It has a nicer area, and a not so nice area. But talking with missionaries, our area is pretty nice haha. We mostly eat meat, chicken, mashed potatoes (pure de papas), and LOTS of vegetables. Announcement - I love tomatoes now! Before the mish, I did not like them at all. Now I love them! They are so yummy! The weather is a little better. It is technically spring here, but the days are mostly overcast. No rain. It’s a little cold, but nothing worse than California. 

I had my first exchange this week! I went to an area called Sotero Rio with Hermana Millett. She is awesome. I forgot to take my camera, so I don’t have a picture with her. But it was great! It was awesome listening to her speak Spanish. She is from Utah, but she basically speaks like a native. Legit. It was encouraging, because I am so used to listening to Hermana Gomez speak. It was great to spend time with Hermana Millett and speak in English and what not. Her area was smaller, and a little more sketch. It was a great day with her!

We had another meeting with President Wright and la Hermana Wright this week. I love that I get to see them so often! He talked about the Sacrament, and how it is important that we attend church every Sunday and partake of the Sacrament. Jesus Christ gave His LIFE for us!! It’s important that we show our love for Him and remember Him every Sunday. We can receive peace and power from the Sacrament. 

Hermana Gomez and I met with Constanza again last night. Constanza is so sweet. She is so old and short, but receptive. We taught her about prophets. We invited her to come to the capilla and watch a session of General Conference this weekend. She said she would think about it. We are praying all goes well with her, and that she will have a desire to come. 

So Women’s Conference was AMAZING!!! There is a married missionary couple who lives in our sector - the Potters. Hermana Potter invited Hermana Huber and me over to her apartment to watch the conference in English! So we went, and she had made a bunch of cookies. 


Watching Women's Conference with Hermana Huber


It was amazing! All of the talks were awesome. I loved the emphasis on temples. It is so important that we go to the temple as often as we can. We are so blessed to have so many temples on the earth today. There is power in the temple. It is truly God’s house on the earth. I miss the Newport Beach Temple, but being a missionary is pretty cool too heeheee. President Uchtdorf´s talk was awesome! I love him. Elder and Hermana Potter walked us home after the conference, it was like 11 at night by the time we got home haha. But we had permission! So all was well. Elder Potter was telling me about all the miracles he has seen in his life since deciding to serve a mission. He has had some crazy health issues, but he remains strong in his faith. 

Living in Chile is great. You always say "permiso" when you enter a house, or right before you say a prayer. I’m so used to it already thankfully haha. I miss my sista a lot.... It’s weird to not be around her! But I love reading her emails...she is so hilarious! 

Well, that’s about all I have to say haha. Love you all. I am so happy to be a missionary. What an honor it is to serve Heavenly Father and tell His children about His love. If we put God first, everything will ALWAYS work out. 

Love, Hermana Mittleman



No comments:

Post a Comment