Monday, October 6, 2014

I Am So Grateful For a Living Prophet On the Earth!


Well, my first cambio in the mission field is over! I cannot think of a better way to end my first transfer than with General Conference.... It was amazing!!!! I was able to watch it in English (thank goodness!) It was pretty legit! I am so grateful for a living prophet on the earth!  What a blessing it is to hear from him and his Apostles every six months.  My prayers were answered this weekend as I listened. 

Ok...seriously the first six week in the field FLEW BY. SERIOUSLY! It’s crazy how fast the time flies down here. I love it. I love being in Chile. I love getting on the bus and just staring at the people (creepy?) and thinking about how I am living in a different country for the next year and a half. GOOD TIMES. 

So we invited Constanza, one of our investigators, to General Conference. She was not sure if she would be able to come. On Saturday after the second session we were standing outside, and lo and behold, we saw her walking up to the capilla! She was sad she missed it, but we invited her in anyway and gave her a tour of the capilla. She liked it! She was able to come for the second session on Sunday. But because the lights are off in the chapel where they watch it, Hermana Gomez told me she slept through most of it hahaha. I was upstairs in a room where they were broadcasting the conference in English for los gringos. HOWEVER Hermana Gomez told me when President Monson stood up to give his last closing remarks, Constanza sat up straight and listened...yay! 

Yes, yes, conference was great...LOVED D. TODD CHRISTOFFERSON´S SHAKESPEARE REFERENCE HOLLAAA. Henry V!! Great play. Honestly, all the messages were just fantastic. I loooved President Eyring´s talk about personal revelation. So, so important.  Defintitely needed to hear that. Human judgement and logical thinking is not enough...we need to actively seek answers from God! Ah! So great!
The rest of the week went well. We made cupcakes with a member on Tuesday night. Carolina. She is sooo funny and sweet. She lives with her son, Mateo. They are awesome!! She was making the cupakes for Mateo´s seminary class the next morning. Herman Gomez and I helped her, and she let us eat TWO...with milk! Never underestimate the power of cupcakes and milk...baked goods.... ahhhh yes.

So we met with Militza, and one of the twins this Friday. Don’t know where the other twin was. Militza was baptized a looong time ago, and has been inactive. Her daughters are presh, and eager to learn. We watched a short movie of the Restoration. Militza loved it, she’s so great. She is so sweet and always makes cakes when we go over. I’m not complaining lolzzz. 

OH MY GOSH CAN I JUST SAY HOW MUCH I MISS MADISON..... Like we are working during the day, so I think about her every night and morning when I pray. But sometimes something happens, and I just wish she were here so we could laugh. She is so funny!!!!! hahaha. ahhh i  love her. Alas, this time apart is but a moment when one looks at the grand spectrum of eternity!!! Speaking of, I am just so excited to spend eternity with mi familia. Honestly, family is so so so important in this life. The family is so important to our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for my family! Good times, good times.

Que mas, que mas. We are looking for new people to teach. This week we met a young couple. And when I say young, I mean young! Fabio is like 22 and his wife (I think they are married, we did not ask), Falvia is 20. They have an adorable little boy named Cristobol. BABIES. Ok, he is more like a toddler. But still. They were receptive, and we are going back this week to meet with them again..... Hope all goes well. They were really great. Fabio reminded me of my cousin Tanner. He was so nice and open. 

Ok, time is running out. BUT one weird thing that happened this week haha. The other hermanas that live with us came home one night and told us they met a woman who was a little crazy. She gave a "blessing" to Hermana Huber. Hna Huber told us the lady put her hand on her head and then drew crosses on her forhead.... SO GUESS WHO HERMANA GOMEZ AND I MET LAST NIGHT COMING HOME. We were like twenty feet from our apartment buildings, and this lady just appears out of nowhere in front of us! She started talking really fast and was saying how she went to the conference but the capilla was closed. Then out of nowhere, she put her hand on my head and started speaking to me, then started drawing crosses on my forhead. She did the same to Hermana Gomez. She wanted us to repeat a prayer with her, but Hermana Gomez was like no, sorry. And then the lady started walking off, talking to herself. However, I do wish to say how grateful I am for the restored Priesthood power on the earth. Jesus Christ healed many people, and blessed many people. He gave this power to His apostles, who in turn went and baptized and blessed others. I testify that same priesthood power is on the earth today!  What a wonderful blessing it has been in my life. 

So yeah.  Life in Chile! I am a missionary, and it’s great. It is hard, but worth it! The Restored Gospel is on the earth today. This sentence gives so much meaning to my life. I know how I can return to my Heavenly Father. Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can better myself every day so that one day I can live with my perfect Heavenly Father. Love you all!!!!!!! Peace out!!!!!!!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment