Wednesday, November 26, 2014

People Came Up To Me and Told Me My Spanish Is Better Than I Let On.

November 3, 2014

Happy November! Ahhhh! Can’t believe it! It’s weird hearing how it is getting colder in California...It’s Spring time here! And then on to el verano!!! This week went well!! Elder Nelson comes to our mission in ONE WEEK. Going crazy! How exciting!! 

So this week we met with Katherine and Barbara (the twinz!). They are progressing, albeit a little slow haha. They are nine, so it’s hard for them to stay focused. We had lunch with them and Militza, their mom, on Halloween. We took some fun pictures heeeheee. 

The Twins
We met with Constanza, one of our viejita investigators, last night. She is still trying to find the faith to come to church on Sundays and leave her newspaper stand thing...we are praying for her! But last night we taught her the Restoration. I taught about Joseph Smith and the First Vision. As I was quoting Joseph’s words to her (en espanol, legit, right??) I felt peace in my heart. I know for myself that Joseph Smith was called by God to restore the church of Jesus Christ once again on the earth. Que genial!! We invited Constanza to get baptized, otra vez. She told us she will pray about it. 

We usually eat with members every day. Lunch is the big meal here. We usually eat lunch around 1-3. Then we usually don’t eat anything in the evening, toast, or a snack maybe. At first it was hard, but I am used to it now! Every morning I do crunches and workout. Feeling good!

We have two week left in this cambio. There are three Hermanas in our zone who will go home!! So sad! But time passes, and they have served faithfully. Life goes on! 

One cool thing happened this week on Wednesday. Our only ward missionary, Rocio, was out with us for the tarde. She leaves in January to serve a mission in Argentina. We were teaching a mother and a daughter we met a couple weeks ago. They are very free spirited and were asking us if we believed in reincarnation. Politely, I told them that we do not, but we believe our spirits and our identities are eternal. We talked about how the Gospel blesses families, and towards the end of the lesson I felt like we needed to invite them to be baptized. So I asked them if they would get baptized if they received a confirmation telling them that what we taught was true. They didn’t say yes, but they didn’t say no!! It was good. I am starting to realize it’s not hard to invite people to be baptized. You never know how they will respond. Sure, it can be scary, but as missionaries and as disciples of Christ, it is our charge to boldly testify of Him, and of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

So yes, Halloween!!!! The night of Halloween Hermana Gomez and I accompanied a nonmember who lives two floors above us, to the stake Halloween fiesta at our capilla down the street. We only stayed for about an hour. Hna Gomez and I switched name tags, and I wore her glasses. It was fun! There was loud music and that was weird haha. TURNS OUT missionaries did not have permission to go though!! OOOOPSS.... No one told us haha! So yeah..... We definitely repented....

Yesterday in church I bore my testimony during sacrament meeting. Good times.




People came up to me and told me my Spanish is better than I let on. Lolz. Hermana Gomez tells me my Spanish is waaay better now than when I first entered the field. I have seen Heavenly Father’s hand helping me with the language. So humbled to be here in Chile. Really can’t believe it’s Noviembre. 

Today we went to a colegio and helped participate in a presentation about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There were about 17 kids. We helped Alma, a kind of step daughter of one of our ancient investigators. Good times. 

The Colegio! Haha, middle schoolers....
YES I GOT YOUR PACKAGE AND ALSO YOUR LETTERS DAD. Thank you so much Mamasita! And Papa! Love you guys!! Opened the package...but then saw the wrapping and put it up on a shelf haha. You guys are the best. Hope all is well back home. I love you! Tell the boys I say hi. Miss y’all. XOXO.  So happy to be here. I know God is involved in the details of our lives. He loves us, and He wants us to return home to him with honor. We don’t need to worry if we are putting Him first! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Love, Hermana Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment