Monday, May 18, 2015

Becoming More and More Spiritually Self-Sufficient.


May 11, 2015
Hellooo my lovely family!!

On our way home from skyping I could not stop smiling.... I am so happy! It was sooo fun skyping with you!! Hermana Daniela was taking a lot of pictures throughout, so I think she is going to send you some jajaja.
Mother's Day Skype 2015 With Hermana Megan


ON WEDNESDAY I WILL HAVE NINE MONTHS IN THE MISSION...... WOW. So happy! The mission is a blessing. I love it!

Mothers´ Day was lovely! Hermana Alcantara and I made breakfast for the four hermanas. I mad some pancakes, and Hermana Alcantara fried some eggs...Presh! We went to church, and only one of our investigators came...it was sad because like four other people told us they were going to come, and they didn’t! But I was comforted to know that we did our part...we invited them, and it was their choice to come. It’s all good! One of the Bishop’s counselor’s spoke about mothers and Jesus Christ, and how they are related because they both give new life...it was so great! He shared Alma 7:7

 7 For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people.

Really, Jesus Christ should be at the center of our lives. He is the most important person in my life. I know He is my Savior and Redeemer. I love Him! His pure love inspires me to be better every day! He will never give up on me, and I know He lives. He truly has the power to transform us. His grace is sufficient for the meek!

So there is a missionary couple in our ward...they live right next to the temple and their mission is serving in the Temple, but they come to our ward every Sunday. They are from Utah I think...but anyway, they taught our Gospel Principles class. It was so presh because their Spanish is mas o menos, and they taught repentance and the whole repentance process. It was a great lesson, really fun and spiritual. I just love missionaries! Life is so good here.

So a good experience we had this week....We went to visit an antigua investigadora (old investigator). We found her name in our Area Binder (lolz, what is English), and we visited her about two weeks ago. Well, we couldn’t talk with her for too much time, so we went back on Wednesday. Her name is Estefania, and she is probably 21 years old. So we knocked on her door, and she let us in. One of her neighbors/friends was there. His name is Fabian, and he is 24 years old. We started talking with the two of them. It turns out Fabian too had listened to the missinaries a looong time ago. At first he was not too receptive, but the more we talked, he became more interested. We talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon.... I LOVE talking about the Book of Mormon! Seriously, the Book of Mormon is just SOLID PROOF Heavenly Father loves us! Sometimes I just get excited talking about it and I just want to start screaming or something like ´´YOU WANT PROOF THAT GOD LIVES AND LOVES US HERE TAKE THIS BOOK AND READ IT AND YOU WILL START TO FEEL A PEACE IN YOUR LIFE AND YOU WILL FIND ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AND DOUBTS LE PROMETO!!´´ Think Alma when he wants to be an angel and speak with "the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people" (Alma 30:1) ..... But alas, that just isn’t how we roll as hermanas, yo. I am content "with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me." (Alma 30:2) SOO anyways......They were both really receptive, and told us they were going to come to church. So we called them Saturday to remind them, and they said, yes, yes we are going to come...and they didn’t come. But that´’ ok! Maintain the hope!

We have another investigator who is Ana Belen. She is nine years old!  She and her mom are from Peru. Her mom is a member, but Ana Belen is not. We are teaching Ana Belen, and she is so presh! She learns fast, and her prayers are so presh. The only problem is that they have not been able to make it to sacrament meeting for about a month...twice they came late. Like in the second and third hour. Her mom is called Ana too (como mi Abuelita Ana, que preciosa!). Hermana Ana (the mom) works as a nana (like the lady who cleans and cooks in a house) where they live. They have a room upstairs, and Hermana Ana is always cleaning the house whenever we come over. We usually have to meet in the kitchen and be quiet but it’s a good time. Oh, FUNNY STORY, on Friday we were in the kitchen talking about fasting. The owner of the house came in the kitchen.  I don’t even know. He started hugging Ana Belen and with his other hand he was rubbing my shoulder and it was like SO AWKWARD and I was staring at my companion like "que honda??!!" and then this guys comes in between us and is hugging us and telling he heard us singing and was wondering who was in his house singing. He gave us each a besito on the head, and we were both just so surprised and laughing. It was soooooo great. Oh my heck, ONLY AS A MISSIONARY. I loooove being here.

I have been praying for the investigator of Madison all this week...I forgot her name, but I am praying for her! I hope she was able to get baptized. I love Madison, and I miss her. So happy we are both serving missions. She is presh.

Ok, so yes. Chile. Happy, happy. Life is good! I am doing well. Becoming more and more spiritually self-sufficient.

I love my family, and I love mi madre!!

Love, Hermana Mittleman


No comments:

Post a Comment