Monday, May 4, 2015

To Have The Privilege To Represent Jesus Christ To Heavenly Father’s Children Here Is So Great.


April 13, 2015
Ma and Pa,

WOW, WHAT A WEEK. Yes, the rumors are true: I have 8 months in the mission today! So crazy! I love being a missionary. It is by far the BEST decision I have made. Reflecting on my time in Chile, I realize I have changed so much. Really, I am becoming a better person. I AM JUST SO HAPPY I CAN´T EVEN TAKE IT. I never want to leave Chile! It is truly amazing to have the chance to serve for 18 months. Even with the hard times, it has been so lovely.

This week we had divisions! Our hermana leader is Hermana Cannon, one of the hermanas that arrived with me. She is sooo great! Her companion came to La Reina to help me. She is from San Francisco, California, so I was very happy to have another Californian with me!! We had a good day. We visited lots of people and had solid lessons. Very spiritual. When we went to Tamara’s house (Tamara is our investigator who got baptized yesterday), we had an amazzzing lesson. We talked about prophets, and the importance in following them. Before we knelt to pray at the end of the lesson, Tamara wanted to tell us something. She told us that with her problems with her boyfriend and work, she was feeling like there were obstacles in the way of her baptism. She told us the previous night she had been praying really hard, and she felt a warm and comforting feeling in her heart. She told us she knew Heavenly Father was just testing her faith. I almost started crying!!! It was so powerful!!!! 

The next day we had interviews with Presidenet and Hermana Wright. They are soooo great. We had a separate interview with Hermana Wright, then with Presidente. It was so fun! I love them so much, and it was basically our last interviews with them.... so sad! I felt so comfortable and happy in my interview with Presidente.... really in this week I have seen my progression so much! Seriously, so blessed to be here. Love it.

We visited a menos activa this week on Friday. She is a viejita named Maria Clementina. She is really precious. We visited her on Friday, and we had a powerful lesson with her. We talked about the importance of attending church. We were running a little late, but I felt a prompting that we needed to stay a little bit longer with her. We asked her some more questions about how her family was, and she started telling us a sad story about something that happened with one of her daughters. She started crying, and we were able to testify to her the power of the Atonement, and the chance to receive forgiveness. She told us that we really gave her comfort, and she was happy we visited her. Moments like this make me so happy. To have the privilege to represent Jesus Christ to Heavenly Father’s children here is so great. Every person is important to Heavenly Father! 

This same Friday we went to visit a less active family. Felipe, a member from the ward, came with us. He got back from his mission in Tennessee about a year ago. We were really happy he came with us because the noche de hogar kind of turned  contentious  and it was a little bit awkward because they family had invited non-member neighbors....BUT Felipe was able to help. I don’t want to say it was a disaster, because my testimony, at least, was strengthened. Gooood times.

Saturday, Hermana Alcantara and Hermana Alvarenga had a baptism! A woman named Soledad got baptized! It was presh! The hermana who was going to direct the music did not come, so our ward mission leader asked me to do it. It was funny because not a whole lot of people came with hymn books, and it was a small group...so in the closing song when we started singing "Did You Think to Pray" I kind sang a solo for five seconds and I kind of started laughing jajajajaja. GOOD TIMES. 

I just love being here! 

And finally!!!! Sunday, Tamara got baptized! I do not know if I told you the story with her. But she has met with the missionaries for about three years now. She never got baptized, but about a month and half ago, she called us and told us she wanted to get baptized. So we taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and she got baptized yesterday! It was a beautiful day! She is 19, and her testimony is solid. I testify God really prepares His children. Tamara was ready! She loves Heavenly Father and Jesus. I love her!



We watched "Conozca a los Mormones" (Meet the Mormon’s) last night. It was a stake activity, so there were a lot of people. We took an investigator named Maria Jesus. She is 15 and precious. Loved the movie. I loved the man who lives in Nepal. Truly inspiring. 

I am doing well. So, so happy. I was sooooooo happy to see you could meet Hermana Mauricio. He is amazing! I love his family! Loooove them!!

And I love the pictures you took! I miss Utah. But Chile is lovely, so it’s all good!

Really, God is so good. I testify of His love. He is so merciful with me. My personal relationship with Him has been strengthened. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He truly bore all things. I trust Him. I follow Him. I rejoice in my calling to be a missionary. May God bless you this week! Saludos a mis hermanos! Los amo!

Love, Hermana Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment