Tuesday, September 8, 2015

It Is So True That We Are Carrying A Message Worth A Heck Of A Lot More Than One Million Dollars!


August 19, 2015

Ok, our Presidente gave us thirty minutes to write today (Wednesday).

 On Thursday of last week, I hit ONE YEAR on the mission. It was so fun because I got to do intercambios with Hermana Stokes. 
La Parque- Hermana's Mittleman & Stokes
We entered the mission field together last August! She is so great, and SO funny. I love doing intercambios with other North Americans because we can just talk in English the whole time, and I know she gets what I’m saying. Jajaja, it’s nice to take a break from Spanish sometimes. It was a fun day. We knocked on a LOT of doors. We met some nice people. We laughed a lot. At the end of the day, we both had a craving for french fries...so we went and bought some from a little place in our sector! They were SO good jajaja. 

It was also a tough week, because my companion has had some trouble lately. But it is great to see why I am here in this area with her.... I love being a disciple of Jesus and serving my companion. 

Also, I found out a member in our ward is obsessed with Jane Austen and Downton Abbey!!! It was soo fun talking with her. We had lunch with her and her family on Sunday after church. Her name is Hermana Neville. So great!

None of our investigators came to church! Or menos activos jajaja.... We are still searching for more people to teach! The more I study the Plan of Salvation, the more I realize how important it is to share the Gospel...we are so lucky to have it in our lives!!!! I love being a missionary.

I LOVED Madison’s email....It is so true that we are carrying a message worth a heck of a lot more than one million dollars....that is so crazy! We are offering TRUTH in a world full of darkness and confusion. We have the privilege of telling people how God himself descended to the earth with His beloved son to visit a young boy who would later be called as a prophet. We have the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ with all the covenants and ordinances that help us receive exaltation...

I forgot to tell you about a crazy story that happened about two week ago. We were in the house of a menos activa, (Less Active) and all of a sudden we hear a loud crashing sound. So we look out the window, and we saw a group of people standing around a car in the middle of the street. A young man had crashed into a car, and was lying on the ground! It was so sad and scary. The meno activa was like, "let’s go outside!"... And my companion and I were like, uhhhhh, ok! So we went outside and right away the meno activa runs to the car and starts asking what happened and it was just kind of funny. We were standing at the door of her gate like uhhh what do we do.....there was blood on the car and it was just really sad! But I am happy we have the Plan of Salvation to comfort us in times of strife.

I am doing really well. The time keeps moving really fast, and I just love being here. I love living in Chile and talking to people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior, and I know He lives. I am his representative, and I will always treasure my misión.

Sorry, not a lot of time. Love you all!

Love, Hermana Mittleman
One Year in Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment