Monday, September 28, 2015

This Last Week Has Been One Of The Hardest Weeks EVER (Do I Say That A Lot?)


September 15, 2015

Ok, straight up, I have about nine minutes to write this. SO much has happened this week. My new companion is Hermana Vega, from Peru. She has about ten months in the mission. Hermana Velazquez is staying in our ward!!!! She got transferred to the other sector jajajaja! So she had to pack all her stuff just to come back to the same apartment jajaja. It is weird, but it’s good! 

So, I shall not lie, this last week has been one of the hardest weeks EVER (do I say that a lot?). It has been tough with my new companion. HOWEVER my past week has been filled with the Spirit. On Sunday, I was sitting in sacrament meeting and I felt soooo hopeless. I felt really alone, and I was not sure how I was going to make it through five more weeks....Then I remembered my Savior. Truly, I know He has felt every weakness, despair, doubt, etc. I felt the Spirit in my heart, and I felt peace. It was such a relief. It was so clear in my mind that Heavenly Father was not going to take away my burdens, but I felt clearly the love Jesus Christ has for me. It was like He was telling me, "I am here. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Let’s do this together." Never in my life have the words "take my yolk upon you" meant so much. I KNOW He lives. Like Paul, like Joseph Smith, I will glorify my God in my trials. I have felt the enabling power of the Atonement so strong in my life these past days. There is NO doubt in my mind that Christ lives. He knows me. He is giving me power because every day I put my faith in Him and I ACT with faith. I am obedient, and I have felt Him strengthening me. I love my mission. I LOVE it. I am becoming stronger. I am paying the price to come to know my Savior. 

Anyway, today we went to the country!!!! Dad will be happy to know jajaja. We went to a place called "Cajon de Maipo". Go google it! It looks like Utah jajaja. Near Alpine or there abouts. A lot of hills, and there was snow on the tops of the mountains. So peaceful and gorgeous. Seriously, I love Chile. A couple from our ward took us. Hermano Patricio and Hermana Veronica. They are probs the FUNNIEST people I know. 

Today we did intercambios and I had to go to the CCM with Hermana Velazquez so she could see Doctor Call. She sprained her ankle, and I got to go and help translate. Lolz. Hermano Pato and Hermana Veronica took us in their car. They are so nice! As we were driving a bunch of police on motorcycles swarmed past and then all of a sudden we saw a normal car stop in the middle of the road with a little blue siren on top. The man got out and started running toward a street and we saw he had a police badge on and was carrying a huge revolver! Scary jajajaja! It was legit because it all happened right in front of us. Hermana Veronica got all excited and called her daughter to tell her to watch the news.

I am well! I am happy! I love you all! The bus took about an hour and a half to get home from the CCM so that is why we are late. Sorry! Please just pray for me! Love you guys!!

Love, Hermana Mittleman
Add caption
El Cajon de Maipo



No comments:

Post a Comment