Monday, July 6, 2015

Chile Is Beautiful! I Love My Mission.


May 25, 2015

Monday again? I love Chile. I LOVE CHILE. I love being a missionary. I know I say this every week.... but it is true!!! 

Anyway, I will start with a funny story. We went to return the church keys to a member this week. She wasn’t there, so I was going to put the keys in a little mail box just inside the gate. I put my hand in, and then I pretended that my hand was stuck and I started making fake "oh no, my hand is stuck!" noises. I looked at my companion and she was laughing but then she got a really worried face..... She really believed my hand was stuck for a few seconds! It was soooo great. Made my week. GOOD TIMES. 

So.... we are teaching Tamara’s older sister, Daniela. She is amazing. She has had some serious trials in her life with mental illness. She had great courage, and I love her. We had a really spiritual lesson with her this week. She told us that she prayed, and that Heavenly Father told her she shouldn’t get baptized. She told us this right when we got to her house, so we were a little bummed. But we sang a hymn and prayed. After the prayer she told us she wanted us to keep coming because she loves how she feels when we come. Then she got really serious, and told us that we were really good people and that we are her only friends. Seriously, in this moment, I felt the Spirit sooo strong. I could feel the love Heavenly Father has for her. Sooo, we left feeling good with what we had taught. Then Sunday, she came to church! And she said was praying fervently to Heavenly Father. She said he told her she should get baptized! Miracle! She said church bored her, but we are not going to take that as an answer! Go team!

So great! 

We contacted a lot in the street this week. We met two ladies from Peru yesterday. One of them was so funnny! It is so great to hear people say "oh, wow, it is so great what you are doing." And then we ask if they want us to visit them, and they say "oh, no it’s ok. I work too much." It is crazy!!!! Ahhh, priorities!!!!!!

Chile is beautiful! I love my mission. Love you all!!

Love, Hermana Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment