Monday, July 6, 2015

The Love Of The Savior Is My Motivation To Work.


June 30, 2015

Familia! I am so full of emotions right now! We said goodbye to Presidente Wright and Hermana Wright today! SO CRAZY! So today, half the mission had their P Day with President and Hermana Wright. We went to a BEAUTIFUL park in the richer part of the mission. It was so crazy because we took "street" clothes to change into....So just seeing a lot of missionaries in their normal clothing was just a little weird jajaja! It was so fun! We took meat and had an asado! Soooo fun. It was so fun hanging out with my missionary friends the whole day jajaja. Love being a missionary. We had an egg toss, and that was a little frightening, but all good times! Some missionaries started throwing eggs at President Wright, and that was a little out of control jajaja.

In the end, we all gathered around in a circle and President and Hermana Wright said some parting words.... So crazy! They said to always stay true, especially after the mission. They have so much love for the missionaries, and I just love them! They are so important to me! Their example will always stay with me! We sang "God Be With You ´Till We Meet Again" in espanol and it was presh. I know we are one of the smallest missions in the world jaja, and I am so happy we had the chance to spend the day with Presidente and Hermana Wright. Giving my last hug to Hermana Wright was bittersweet. Thankful they live in the same country as me jajaja.

So.... Life is good here in Chile! Presidente and Hermana Morgan come tomorrow, and we will meet them on Thursday! I am excited! I will miss President and Hermana Wright, but they have served their time, and area ready to go home.

I just LOVE being a missionary. So much fun! Truly, an honor! So we are in the third week of the transfer...I am pretty sure these are my last weeks in La Reina jajaja. Hermana Kimball lives with us now, and she is from Washington/Idaho. Super enthusiastic, and super sweet.

Hermano Marcos is the assistant to our ward mission leader. He always takes pictures of us to send to you guys! He is wonderful!!

So this last week went by fast! Super crazy!  Just so thankful to have many wonderful experiences. We are really trying to find new people to teach. It is hard sometimes, because talking with people on the streets is interesting jajaja. I know the good and the bad is helping me progress.

BEST experience of the week: We received a reference from a member who does not live in our ward. He has a friend who lives in our ward boundaries who wanted to know about the church. His name is Bastian, and his friend is called Loreto. She is 21, and super sweet. Bastian has been less active for about five years, and he decided to start coming back to church like a month ago! So the four of us met in the capilla and we had an AMAZING lesson. We felt the Spirit so strong. We talked about Joseph Smith and el Libro de Mormon. She had awesome questions, and she told us she was going to read the Book of Mormon because she loves to read. We are going to call her today to see if we can meet with her Thursday. Praying that all goes well.

I am so happy, happy to be a missionary. I would not change this experience for anything! Seriously, the love of the Savior is my motivation to work. I love Him so much! I am so happy to be here serving Him and sharing His gospel. The Gospel truly is a blessing. It teaches us how to be happy!

Can’t wait to tell you all about Presidente Morgan and Hermana Morgan....Should be fun! Hope all is well!

Love, Hermana Mittleman

No comments:

Post a Comment