Tuesday, January 19, 2016

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

January 12, 2016

I am staying in my sector here in El Parque!! Staying with Hermana Vega! Six weeks more! 

Well, my last six weeks in the mission are here. Already I have felt Satan trying to tempt me and make me feel weak, unimportant, and incapable! He knows me too well. However, I have felt the sweet love of my Savior. With Him at the center of my thoughts, I feel peace. I feel like I can make it these last few weeks. I know He can make up what I lack...that is what the Atonement is all about!!

Before I forget, happy birthday, Monty!!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!! Thanks for being an awesome person!! 

This last week was great! Our investigator, Marianela, has a baptism date! February 6th!! She came to church on Sunday too which was a MIRACLE! For about a month now, she has texted us every Sunday morning saying she can´t come...but this Sunday, she sent us a message telling us she was ready for us to pick her up! She has progressed so much. We talked about the Word of Wisdom this week, and she said she would obey it. It is so cool to see how prepared she is for her baptism. She investigated the church about eight years ago, but she was not ready to make the changes in her life so she could be baptized. But NOW she is ready, and she is making the changes. She has so much faith. So great!

A few months ago we contacted a woman on the street named Adela. We visited her once, but she did not seem too interested. Two weeks ago we saw her sitting in the bus stop so we talked to her. She started crying (I feel like I already talked about her last week in the email I sent...) and she came to church on Sunday!! It was great! 

Today we went to our Bishop´s house to make sushi and cinnamon rolls. So yummy! I had never made sushi before. It was cool to learn! 

I also got that package with all the letters!!!! Thank you sooooo much! It was exactly what I needed! It made my month!!! So much love from friends back home...muchas gracias!! 

Mission goals:

Every night will write down a miracle in my agenda
Focus my thoughts on the Savior and His work ALWAYS
Strengthen relationship with members and help them be strengthened spiritually
Endure to the end (but seriously)

I KNOW CHRIST LIVES. If it was not for Him, I would not be here. I am so sure of his existence. I just want to serve Him and trust that He can make me a better person.

I love you all, and I hope you have the best week ever! Remember it is better to look UP!

Con amor,

Hermana Mittleman


No comments:

Post a Comment