Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I Am So Grateful For Simple Gospel Truths That Guide Us In This Earthly Life.

October 27, 2015

Hello, my sweet family! I want to express my love for every single one of you! I cannot imagine my life without my precious family. I know God loves me because He has given me my family. I feel so much love for my brothers, my [beautiful] sister, and my parents. You guys are the best, and I love you SOOOO much!

Madison got transferred! Ah!!! Crazy! I love the picture of Holger and Rene. I never knew what they looked like and I couldn´t really tell who was who in the temple picture. Madi, you are so great! I hope you have a great time in your new sector with your German compañera. I am praying for you!

Today we went to Quebrada de Macul. It is a little waterfall in el campo (the country). We arrived exhausted, but it was so fun. We went about a year ago with Hermana Huber, Hermana Alcantara, and Hermana Gomez...it was crazy to return! We did not arrive to the actual waterfall because I couldn´t really remember the way and we took a HUGE detour jajaja. But we are going to return in a few weeks with some hermanas from the zone. It´s all good. 

This past week flew by! Hermana Vega and I really communicate openly, and we are both more humble and willing to accept advice (gotta love companion inventory jaja!). I know it is something that is helping me prepare for marriage (wait, what?). 

We had a great lesson with an investigator, Marianela. She is really great. Her sister lives in Utah, and is a super active member. We watched a talk from Elder Hales about agency. Hermana Vega and I realized we need to teach her the pure doctrine of Christ. The gospel is so simple, as President Uchtdorf has taught. I am so grateful for simple gospel truths that guide us in this earthly life. 

We had a lesson with a new investigator, Arturo. An hermana from our ward came with us. He is really great, and had already looked at the church´s website. He asked us about the articles of faith. It was only weird because at the end we asked him when we could return, and he told us, "maybe in three or four weeks?" We were like, uh..... We hope to return sooner! We shall see. 

We have interviews with President Morgan on Friday! So exciting!! He is so wonderful! In the transfer meeting last week he talked about perfectionism, and how it is not good to be a perfectionist (it was exactly what I needed). Jesus only asks us to try! His grace will be enough for us. His grace aids us during our life. In 2 Nephi 25:23 it says grace helps us after all that we can do, but President Morgan told us that the grace of Christ helps us as we make our own efforts. Grace does not come at the end of our life, but EVERY DAY. Every hour we can depend upon Christ and His INFINITE Atonement. 

I love Jesus. I love being a missionary. It is the best thing ever! Love my family. Thanks for your support.

Happy Halloween!


Love, Hermana Mittleman

Quebrada de Macul


No comments:

Post a Comment